With the latest news about H.R.4190 – To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for coverage under the Medicare program of pharmacist services – we talk “Provider Status” today.
Special thanks to co-founder @RxWiki for all the assistance with #RxChat – every Wednesday at 12:30PM ET.
- What do you think of the recent bill in Congress to include pharmacists as health providers?
- What are your thoughts on pharmacists advocating for a change in provider status?
- How do you see pharmacist provider status impacting your practice?
- Do you try to engage patients, professionals, or policymakers on this topic?
- What kind of opportunities are you looking forward to with the way pharmacy is changing?
About Ron Lanton: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Lanton is the Owner & Chief Strategist at True North Political Solutions LLC.
Mr. Lanton has over 20 combined years of government affairs and legal experience. This includes activities on the municipal, state, and federal levels of government. Most recently he worked for a pharmaceutical wholesaler, where he created and oversaw the company’s Government Affairs Department, served as their exclusive lobbyist and also advocated for the company’s various healthcare customers.
Prior to that Ron worked at a government affairs consulting firm in Arlington, VA where he worked on healthcare, energy, commerce and transportation issues. He has also clerked for a federal magistrate, was appointed as a municipal commissioner on environmental issues and has consulted Wall Street firms on financial issues. He has been a featured industry speaker on issues such as pharmaceutical safety and healthcare cost containment.
Mr. Lanton has a Juris Doctor from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law and a Bachelor of Arts from Miami University of Ohio. He is also a 40 under 40 award recipient.