3 Year Schools, Kids, and The Business Road in Pharmacy
Today we’re going to be talking with Shannon Staton Director of Education and Professional Development at RXinsider in Warwick, Rhode Island. Originally from the small seaside town of South Dartmouth Massachussetts, She earned a bachelors and masters in business at the University of Rhode Island and earned her PharmD in an accelerated program at the University of Saint Joseph School of Pharmacy. A three time marathon runner qualifying for Boston with a time of 3 hours 27 minutes and she ran both the 2012 and 2013 Boston Marathons.
- Everyone’s leadership road is a little different, yours started in business school, tell us how you got into pharmacy?
- You picked a 3-year program and went through with your sister, what was that like?
- You mentioned at the end of that term, you were literally holding an infant while you were Skyping in to your last class. What was it like in that last year of pharmacy school, what tips can you give busy parents?
- Some pharmacists are looking for alternate careers in pharmacy, some with significant autonomy or creative license, can you tell us about your work at RxInsider?
- Does your job involve significant travel? Tell us the pros and cons of a career like that.
- We’ve met on LinkedIn, tell me how you use social media personally and professionally including MyCred.
- You have a clear passion for working within a creative group, what’s it like to have that kind of group dynamic, how are doing many team projects different than maybe a traditional pharmacy role?
- How did the University of Rhode Island prepare you for the work you do? How did the University of St. Joseph prepare you for the work that you do?
- You’re a marathoner (so am I, but I’m a 3:50 – 4:10 marathoner), how would you equate pharmacy to running?
- I’ve been to Woonsocket, but tell me a little bit about Rhode Island and West Hartford Connecticut, what’s it like to spend college years there?
- What blanket advice would you have for new graduates?
Shannon Staton (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director of Education and Professional Development at RxInsider Univ of St. Joseph College of Pharmacy
Phone: 1 774 263 8698
Shannon Staton on twitter @pharmacyinspo