On the Road to a Career in Managed Care
Guest: Sara Vande Walle
P4 at UMN at Elite 8 Finalist Team, AMCP P&T National Competition
Sara is a fourth year pharmacy student at the University of Minnesota with a primary focus on managed care pharmacy. Last year, her team placed in the top 8 nationally competing in the AMCP National P&T Competition. Sara has held many leadership positions during pharmacy school in Phi Delta Chi and in the Minnesota Pharmacy Student Alliance. Sara graduated from UW-Madison in 2013 with a degree in genetics.
- Everyone’s leadership road is a little different, tell us what you are doing now and how you got there.
- What do you feel is your area of expertise and what are two things that we can really learn from what you do?
- Tell us how you became a leader and how your perception changed when that happened.
- What’s the worst thing that’s happened to you as a leader and how did you get out of it?
- Tell us about a time when you had an epiphany that changed how you thought about something.
- What’s the one thing you’re most excited about now?
- What blanket advice do you have for someone wanting to get to where you are?
- How do you prefer people contact you?