Title: Building a Business and Social Network
Guest: Mindy Guerra PharmD, CGP
Today we’re going to talk with Mindy Guerra, PharmD, CGP a Drake University graduate and VA Hospital pharmacist who now works as an independent consultant for Rodan and Fields. She started her side gig as a way to connect with others while working full time and being a mother and wife.
- Everyone’s leadership road is a little different. Tell us where you are now and how you got there?
- So, you make a good salary, you have little if any debt, why start working in a side business?
- It seems common for many pharmacists to start side businesses and the primary driver really doesn’t seem to be money. You struggled with your skin, can you tell us that story?
- Many pharmacy owners sell these products, but don’t use them. Could you explain the difference between cosmetics and skincare?
- You’ve got expertise as a CGP, but what is it seems this is dermatology and it’s not only awkward, but rare to get skin advice from a pharmacist, why is that?
- Tell me the benefits of Rodan and Fields, first to the customer.
- Now, explain the benefits of R&F to a pharmacist or person trying to become a part of this network.
- We’re a pharmacist-pharmacist couple whose pharmacy careers couldn’t be any different, tell me a little about what you hope for in the next 5 or 10 years in your career.
What’s the best advice you’ve ever given or received?
What inspires you?
How can we best connect with you?