We talk with Editorial Director at Pharmacy Times Bea Riemschneider and Parata CEO Tom Rhoads about the Next Generation Pharmacist.
Established through a partnership of Parata Systems and Pharmacy Times, the Next-Generation Pharmacist™ program salutes pharmacy professionals in a variety of industry categories who are defining the future of pharmacy. The national awards program recognizes and honors pharmacists, technicians, student pharmacists and industry advocates who are defining the future of the industry. Now in its fifth year, the program includes 10 categories.
Entries will be evaluated by an independent panel of esteemed judges, chaired byPharmacy Times Editor-in-Chief Fred Eckel. Up to three finalists will be named in each category. In addition to 10 category winners, one winner will be named the Next-Generation Pharmacist 2014—the program’s top honor.
This year, the Next-Generation Pharmacist awards ceremony will be held on Sunday, Aug. 24 at The Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel in Boston (concurrent with the National Association of Chain Drug Stores’ Total Store Expo). Each finalist is invited as a guest of the founding sponsors.
- Entries are free.
- Self-nominations are accepted and welcome.
- Nominees must be licensed, registered pharmacists in all but two award categories:Individuals may be nominated for as many categories as appropriate.
- Third-year and higher pharmacy students qualify for the Future Pharmacist category.
- Certified pharmacy technicians qualify for the Technician of the Year category.
- Multiple nominations in a single category do not increase chances of winning.