The NEW Segment part of the ‘Pharmacy Compliance Guide’ is hosted by Jenny Schell, CDME Sr. Compliance Strategist with R. J. Hedges & Associates.
Podcast on Medicare by the Numbers
A lot of people ask me about Medicare. There is a lot of confusion on who needs what number.
- Really easy process to get a number. The pharmacy would complete the 855 B application.
- Applications have a fast turnaround-usually a month
- YOU DO NOT NEED ACCREDIATED
Medicare Number –This division (NSC) takes about 3 months to issue a number. This application requires you to carry a surety bond and have a certificate of liability with NSC as the certificate holder as well as your AO (if you have one).
New applications as well as re-validations will require owners and authorized officials to be fingerprinted.
Two ways to complete
- For non-accredited drugs only
- For DMEPOS accredited items
Revalidation happens every 3 – 5 years
What that means
You “update” your Medicare application and pay Medicare $$. Every year they change the Medicare application fee. For 2018 it is $569 per application.
Contact Jenny: Website: www.rjhedges.com