Intriguing discussion and interview with Jim Smeeding, MBA president of JestaRx Group and Elie Khalife CEO of KeyCentrix about the impact of Medical Marijuana on therapies for patients and multiple diseases states where Specialty Pharmacy is focused.
- Introductions – Jim Smeeding’s background & founding meember of the National Association of Specialty Pharmacies
- Overview of Medical Marijuana today
- Ability and interest of medical professionals to participate
- Physicians /MD’s qualifying patient as medically eligible
- Paucity of Data and legislative indications without science
- Interest by pharmacists to participate in Medical Marijuana as a medical alternative
- VA data – reduced use of opioids when Medical Marijuana is offered
- Regulatory Issues nationwide
- Globally – Uruguay – Colombia, Israel and ICRS
- State by State –
- Medical Marijuana role in the opiod crisis
This podcast was sponsored by KeyCentrix, leaders in Pharmacy Software Technology Management Systems for Community, LTC Pharmacy, and Specialty Pharmacy operations.
2420 N. Woodlawn, Building 500
Wichita, KS 67220