CVS Health Sponsors Part 2 of the 3 part series on 2018 Retail Spanish Immersion Internship.
Here’s Part One:
We welcome our guests and last year’s interns:
Highlights of the 2018 Retail Spanish Immersion Internship:
- 10 week paid internship within a CVS Health Retail location.
- Participate in the care of patients with a variety of acute and chronic conditions, focusing on the Hispanic community and utilizing the Spanish language
- Application of therapeutic principles, communication skills (including Spanish), and drug information skills are emphasized on a daily basis through interaction with patients and other health care professionals
- Immersion with the Hispanic community and related disease states associated with those patients
- Complete appropriate Phase training of the CVS intern program, ExperienceRx, to fulfill the Interns’ training, in addition to the Spanish/Hispanic experience
- Fluency in Spanish is not mandatory to apply. Spanish courses previously taken in high school and/or college, or prior participation in mission trips to Spanish speaking countries may provide a baseline knowledge for program participation
- Medical Spanish Course offered to assist in the intern’s development of counseling Spanish speaking patients.
- Internship held from June 4th- through August 10th, 2018- these dates are firm